On November 20, 2014 President Obama exercised executive action on immigration which could extend relief from deportation to an estimated 5 million undocumented immigrants.
The administration has not said which documents it will accept, however, although the Citizenship and Immigration Services which vets applications under Homeland Security may require 5 years of accurately prepared tax returns as additional proof of residence if applicants claim to have worked in the United States since their arrival.
Those who have filed accurate tax returns with their Individual Tax Identification Numbers (ITIN) and have retained their records will be light years ahead of those who have not. Mohave Tax Clinic is ready to answer tax questions for those applying for this new program.
- Mohave Tax Clinic has active tax preparation software in place back to year 2000.
- We have W-7 filing experience. Be sure to have an accurate translation in to American English of all applicable birth certificates.
- Paystubs – at least for the current year
- W-2s – Contact previous employers or the Social Security Administration. Fees may apply.
- 1099 Miscellaneous forms – Contact previous contractors or the IRS
- Receipt books – particularly in regards to self employment activity
- Expense receipts – particularly in regards to self employment activity
- Amending prior year returns (filing status, dependents, earnings, etc.)
- Paid baby sitter receipts – Be sure the babysitter name and address, the child(ren) being babysat, dates and fees paid are clearly readable
- Traffic tickets – DUI/DWI, lack of insurance/license tickets may not be a good presentation.
- Searching the Internet may help find documentation
Mohave Tax Clinic is already established to assist you to meet the income tax filing requirements. In some cases we have found that a taxpayer in this situation who does have or can secure the required documentation may qualify for a substantial refund. The best benefit to properly filing required tax returns is you qualify the required Social Security quarters for future Social Security Retirement benefits.
Mohave Tax Clinic can not emphasize enough there is little incentive to lie because getting caught could result in fraud charges or expedited deportation.
As far as other types of documentation needed, some immigration advocates are taking guidance from the 2012 Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program. The DACA program allows travel records, vehicle registrations, baptism records, mortgages, dated bank transactions, etc. http://www.dhs.gov/deferred-action-childhood-arrivals.
Some other substantiating evidence suggested by immigration advocates may include utility bills, speeding tickets, dentist or doctor records, money order receipts, movie rental receipts, veterinarian bills, customer loyalty programs, social media postings, a Facebook photo at an amusement park, postmarked letters, whatever it takes to establish a continuous residency.
For more information about Immigrants and Tax Return Filing visit http://ez-online-tax-filing.com//mohave-tax-clinic.html