Do you have sources of income other than your job or business? If the answer is yes, then you need to claim it on your tax return. For example, you’ll need income information for unemployment, state tax refund (1099-G), gambling income (W-2G or records showing income, as well as expense records), amount of any alimony received and ex-spouse’s name, health care reimbursements (1099-SA or 1099-LTC), jury duty records, hobby income and expenses, prizes and awards and other 1099’s. You can get more information for filing taxes here: What do I need to file taxes?