Banks, savings, loan associations, and credit unions all use the 1099-INT to let you and the IRS know when you earn more then a $10 interest for the past year. Companies even use the form to report any interest on life insurance dividends and even bond interest. If a company is with holding any from your interest. They are obligated to send you a 1099 even if you are earning less than $10 interest. Any interest that doesn’t fall into the categories of life-insurance, or death benefits will only trigger a 1099 if its more then $600.


For more information on how to file taxes read this article http://ez-online-tax-filing.com//what-do-i-need-to-file-taxes.html